Deluxe, eco-design and intimate lodge, situated in a private conservancy, Saruni Samburu is located 7km north of Samburu National Reserve, in Kenya’s wild North. Surrounded by 95,000 hectares of Kalama Wildlife Conservancy, and perched on top of a spectacular viewpoint, its six villas and two swimming pools overlook a waterhole where the endemic Samburu wildlife and birdlife gather to drink. The vastness and purity of this African landscape, combined with the untouched local culture, elegant comfort, and welcoming hospitality makes for an exceptional, life-changing experience. Guests can experience both the elegance and the safety of permanent accommodation with the thrill of sleeping in close contact with nature.
The lodge is revered for its innovative, eco-chic architecture and interesting design and décor – canvas-fronted stone surround villas, ‘bedouin’ in style. The lodge is comprised of six villas: 4 x luxury family villas of 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms/shared lounge (2 of which can be subdivided and rented independently as double villas) and 3 x luxury double villas. The lodge sleeps a maximum of 20 guests. All villas are spacious with its own lounge, en-suite bathroom (some with bath tubs) and all but one villa have outdoor showers.
Note that Saruni Samburu is an open lodge without perimeter fencing. Wildlife is often seen in and around the lodge. A guard or ‘Askari’ is on hand to escort guests to and from their villa after dark.
- 2 x swimming pools
- Saruni Wellbeing Space – offering treatments & massages
- Photographic Hide – ground-level overlooking the waterhole
- Lodge shop – where interesting local Samburu and Kenyan artifacts, arts and crafts can be found. We support Samburu women from different localities of our community by selling their creations in our shop.
- Guide Accommodation
- 24-hour security
- Battery Charging Facilities
- Meals on request
- Internet access (complimentary)
- Laundry service (complimentary)
- Mobile connectivity
- Secure Parking
- Communal Dining & Private Dining
- Private Vehicle available (payable extra)
- Sun beds & umbrellas
At Saruni Samburu, we have a fleet of 4×4 Land Rovers for all game drives and transfers. The vehicles are open-sided for the best game viewing and have a canvas roof for shade. Guests usually share vehicles, unless exclusive use of a vehicle has been arranged at US$350 per day.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in-room. Communal areas of the lodge do not have access to Wi-Fi in order to maintain the ‘authentic experience’ of staying at an eco-lodge in the African wilderness.
Safaricom network covers part of Saruni Samburu and guests are generally able to make and receive phone calls without issue.
Our lodges are child-friendly and we are delighted to host families with children of any age. Child-minding facilities can be arranged at extra cost with advance notice.
Check In/Check Out/Late Departures:
Check In time: 11:00AM. Check Out time: 10:00AM
Late departures are available upon request, subject to availability and are payable extra.
Saruni Samburu is open all year round.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Outside Shower (excepting villa #5)
- Room Safe
- Private verandah
- Dressing gowns/bathrobes
- Bath (in some villas – request at time of enquiry)
- Electrical outlets
- Fridge with refreshments
- Private living/lounge area
- Internet Access (complimentary)
- Laundry service (complimentary)
- Mini bar (complimentary – excluding premium spirits)
- En-suite bathroom
- Organic soaps & lotions
- Hair dryer available on request from management
- Mosquito nets
- Pure cotton linen
- Wake-up service
- Hot & cold water
- Water dispenser